Thursday, October 22, 2009

Time is flying by!

And all I can talk about really is work and the new house. Those two are all I've been dealing with for the past few weeks, this is how exciting my life has been lol. Well, first things first. After I got back from Germany I went through the Berlitz training and got hired on immediately. It is a "part-time occasional" position which means I am not guaranteed a certain number of working hours every month. However, the beauty of it is that I can change my schedule on a month-to-month basis. I taught a 4 week program at a company close to our house until last Friday. It was very intense (9 lessons a day) but very fun. My students were 2 engineers from Venezuela so you can imagine their wannabe latin lovers attitude. :)
One week into that program we bought our new house. I took off the first Friday of my teaching program to be able to go to closing, however the bank had screwed up and closing didn't take place until the following Monday. Quite a bummer to be honest since I had to work and wasn't able to attend. But now we own this house and we have started to move our stuff over, pack, sort out, buy new things, figure out what goes where and the whole shamoly. I must admit that I do not necessarily love this house, if I had been there for the first visit I would not have picked it myself. I just hope that I will like it better once that ruthless carpet is out and all our stuff is in and everything. Either way our big moving day is scheduled for Saturday, I hope we will be able to move everything out of the rental house and stay over at the new house. I think the distance between them is about 15 miles. And that is just moving from Northwest Houston to West Houston. Imagine that in Germany guys! lol
My new students are all ladies which is quite a relaxing at this point. One person is a Russion war rocket engineer. I go to her house 3 times a week and really enjoy working with her. She is very chatty and there is never a dull moment. The other student I have is a little more shy, but she is starting to open up. Both ladies' husbands work for Exxon which is one of Berlitz's biggest customers here. I will have more students soon I was told, I'm up for it. I really enjoy teaching for Berlitz. In late November I will go back to the company I tought the Venezuelan Don Juans for. Turns out they specifially requested that I teach them. I don't even want to know what my old students told them!!! LOL
Today I am off which is the only reason I actually got around to write on here. Things are pretty hectic and not as organized as I'd like them to be. I think Jim did not leave me a key for the new house here so I probably won't be able to go there today but there is always more packing to do. Honestly, when everything is in its place it really doesn't seem like you have a whole bunch of stuff but when you have to box everything up there is just no end in sight! It is getting pretty empty here but the new house won't fill up quite yet. That is because it is almost 200 squaremeters which is almost twice the size of our rental place here. I'm sure we'll find more stuff to put in though, we already have some ideas.
I'll try to write more regulary again, I promise. And here are a few pictures of the new house everyone has been itching for! ;) Those were taken with the old owner's stuff still in so please do not doubt our furniture taste! hehe Hope all is well with everyone. Take care y'all!

Love,
Julia








9 comments:

Vier Gaensefuesschen said...

Fotos, super... Julia, ich denke aus dem Haus macht ihr schon euer Ding und dann fuehlt sich das als Zuhause ein.

Anonymous said...

Schoenes Haus, herzlichen Glueckwunsch!! Und alles Gute fuer den Umzug!
Agnes

San said...

Ach, ich wollte schon fragen, warum ihr ein bunk bed habt *hihi*

Sieht ja toll aus... kann's kaum erwarten eure Einrichtung zu sehen! ;)

Astrid said...

Yay! Fotos!!
Freut mich, dass es dir gut geht, Arbeit, Haus usw.

Brown Sugar said...

Wuensch euch alles gute fuer den final Umzug. Sehr schoenes Haus Jules. Hoffe dir geht es gut soweit. Uebernimm dich nicht ok, aber mach einen drauf ich weiss du hast solange drauf gewartet. Viel Spass auch noch beim unterrichten.

Lg Daniela

Stef said...

Sehr schoenes Haus!
Das Wohnzimmer ist einfach klasse und das Master bath.. Wow!
Bei Euch koennt ich's aushalten!

Unknown said...

das haus sieht echt schoen aus und um einiges groesser als euer altes! :) muss mich erstmal durch den ganzen blog lesen, hab ja viel verpasst hier :(
lg,
mona

diedeggendorfer said...

na endlich hast mal wieder neues geschrieben!
weisst übrigens, dass es auch auf mallorca ne berlitz sprachenschule gibt ??

machts gut ihr zwei

Blacky said...

Kam gerade erst dazu mal wieder auf Deinen Blog zu schauen. Superschönes Haus. Ich liebe das, wenn man von oben ins Wohnzimmer schauen kann. Total schön!