Sunday, June 21, 2009

Guess who's back!!!

I've been at home for two days now and I'm lovin' it. Jim is typing this for me since I type at grandma speed (which is my current speed for just about anything), so if you find any typos, don't blame me. ;)

The surgery on Monday went well. It took about four hours. When they rolled me into the surgery room, I had just changed my mind and got ready to hop off the table. When the anesthesiologist asked me how I was doing, I creaked out a "I'm so scared" and boom, out I was for the count. The next thing I remember was waking up and seeing Jim's face over my head.

I remember the days in the hospital as a blur. I guess they drugged me up pretty good. Right after the surgery, I slept a lot and the next day, I was on Morphine feeling just fine. My calcium levels were pretty low so they hooked me up on the IV--I had a bunch of tubes on me, I guess it was a pitiful sight. I started moving around and going for little walks around my unit on Wednesday. My sister flew in on Thursday, so she was there to witness me passing out in the bathroom because I did not tolerate the Magnesium IV very well. Sure enough, the first thing I said after regaining consciousness was, "I wanna Snickers Ice cream bar... or a leberkaessemmel." :D Ever since I have been off those stupid Magnesium infusions, I feel strength and energy slowly coming back to me; however, I'm still pretty stiff, walking around like a zombie in Michael Jackson's Thriller video. But everyday I'm getting better. The pain is less now that the drains are out, and I just need to get my head around everything that has happened. The doctor's say I'm healing very well and Jim is taking very good care of me, so I should be back to normal and as good as new in no-time. Thank you everyone for all of the flowers, cards, e-mails and calls. Feeling so loved helps me a great deal in getting better.

I hope I will hear a lot from y'all in the next few days. With Jim at work, I will need your entertainment. I hope all is well. Love, Julia.

11 comments:

Sandra W. said...

Schoen dass du wieder zuhause bist. Ist deine Schwester garnicht mehr da?
Gute Besserung und alles Liebe!
Sandra

Blacky said...

Schön, dass alles so gut gelaufen ist und Dein Mann ist ja mal echt süss, wie er sich so rührend immer kümmert.

Ich drück weiterhin die Daumen und wünsch Dir gute Besserung!

Anonymous said...

ich freu' mich auch, dass es so gut gelaufen ist! und jetzt schön weiter schonen und verwöhnen lassen auf das du bald wieder gaaaaanz fit bist - vor allem für deinen D-trip! xoxo

San said...

Süsse, so gut zu hören, dass Du alles gut überstanden hast! :) Jetzt heißt es Kräfte tanken, damit Du für Deinen Deutschlandtrip fit bist (wann fliegst Du nochmal? Um den 25.7. rum, nicht wahr?)

Anonymous said...

Gut zu hören, dass es dir besser geht! Ich hoffe, du hast deine Eiscreme bekommen?!
Dschordscha

Anonymous said...

hey michael..;-)..man man man..musste doch dann und wann bei deinem eintrag lachen....typisch jule..in den schlimmsten situationen immernoch nen witzigen kommentar auf den lippen..;-) ..SOOOOOO schön zu hören, dsss alles nach plan gelaufen ist..bis auf die bathroom aktion...also!! wie gut, dass deine sis da war...fühl dich ganz lieb geknuddelt..also ganz sachte und ohne schütteln..*g*...hdgdl d abf linda

Meike said...

Das hoert sich doch alles ganz gut an...jetzt noch ganz schnell fit werden und dann treffen wir uns bei Selims Doner in Dallas und essen uns bewusstlos:)

Gruesse
Meike

Anonymous said...

Schoen von dir zu hoeren und auch das es dir gut geht, du dich langsam erholst und die Schmerzen weniger werden. Die bloeden Drainagen sind echt das eckligste an OP's und sobald man wieder etwas essen und trinken kann, und wenn es nur Brei ist, erholt man sich gleich viel schneller.
Bleib weiterhin so stark und kaempferisch, denn wie du schon so schoen auf deinem T-Shirt stehen hast, dieser Krebs hat sich einfach die falsche ausgesucht.

Weiterhin ganz doll in Gedanken bei dir.

Liebe Gruesse und eine dicke Umarmung aus Dubai

Danii said...

Mensch bin ich froh zu lesen, dass es jetzt bergauf fuer Dich geht. Hoffe, Du fuehlst Dich ohne IV und mit Snickers Ice Cream bar 100000% besser. Dickes Kompliment an Deinen Mann, dass er sich so ruehrend um Dich kuemmert.
Dicken Druecker und weiterhin Gute Besserung!!!

svennika said...

süße, ich hab mich grade durch dein blog gelesen und muss dich jetzt mal ganz dringend virtuell drücken *HUG* weiterhin gute besserung & alles liebe!!

Patrizia said...

I am glad you are getting better, it's good to hear.
It's better to have a slow recovery then a fast one with complications. take care of yourself