Monday, July 13, 2009

One week in

It has been a week now that I have been on the low iodine diet and without my thyroid hormone pills. I have put on over 4 pounds despite eating very little and only healthy stuff. Man that blows! I know where most of it is, too, my face and neck are what they call "puffy", to me that is full-blown swollen. I look like I was blown up. Thank goodness those are my side-effects so far, so no full-blown depression or stuff like that. That was something I was really afraid of, I hope I'll be spared. I am, however, rather irritable, especially around Jim (just like before my period...ladies, you know what I am talking about), I am cold all the time (IN TEXAS!!!) and pretty tired. But so far so good. It's 9 more days until I hopefully can eat normally again AND get some hormone pills, the ones I had or the new kind I don't care just give me something to feel normal again. Crazy what a little pill can do to your body! And what a small organ, you are not even aware of, is responsible for...That's it for the doctor's reports, I consider myself stable pretty much.

I'll have my second therapy session later today, I am looking forward to it. The therapist is friendly and lets me talk, it feels so good to get it all out. I had to write a list with things that may be able to distract me in case I worry to much about something and can't let go of it (my issue). Today we will also do some breathing exercises for my upcoming flight. We talked a lot about my fear of flying aswell and sure enough I am not even nervous about my flight in 2 weeks yet. I still don't like the thought of it, but I am not panicking. YAY! Hope it'll stay that way. After therapy I will actually meet up with a new German student, hopefully it can become a regular thing. She sounded pretty nice and I would love to teach again.

Last Thursday Jim and I went to see The Phantom of the Opera by Broadway across America. I had wanted to see it since I was little...and the show was great. I loved every minute of it. We were all dressed up and everything, and time just flew by. The music was beautiful and the stage was set up amazingly. Definitely the best musical I have seen so far!

We also looked at some more houses on Saturday. It is getting really tiring for us, we do not enjoy looking anymore. Hopefully we will find something soon. However, we decided to not talk about the chicken before it's hatched, we do not want to waste any excitement over something that just might not happen again. So, once we know something for sure we will talk about it.

And on Wednesday, Susi is finally coming here. I am so excited, I haven't seen her in so long and she is making this huge trip just to see us. I can't wait!!! Again, I'll have great company until further treatment, what more can I ask for? I wish it was Wednesday already!

Well world, that is all I can come up with for now. I'll talk to y'all one way or another.

Love, Julia

PS:Does anyone watch "Dance your ass off!"? Can't wait for tonight's new episode. Love this show!! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

man-ich denk ganz fest und oft an dich...halt durch....bald hast du's geschafft....liebe grüße auch von meiner sis......mensch-das ist sicher echt keine schöne zeit.....!!!! aber cool, dass du da nen therapeuten hast süße....hoffe wir hören uns ganz bald mal wieder -bussl-deine abf

Brown Sugar said...

schoen zu hoeren das es dir gut geht und bald kannst du wieder essen was du willst schnecke.. wird schon...viel spass mit susi...lg danny

Anonymous said...

Hoffe du hast viel Spaß mit deinem Besuch und dass du mit den doofen Tabletten zurecht kommst! LG astrid

silly said...

Kann mich Brown Sugar nur anschließen. Schön zu sehen das es dir gut geht und du hoffentlich bald wieder alles essen kannst was du willst.

LG Sandra