Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day 2

I have been diagnosed with papillary thyriod cancer yesterday. My doctor told me over the phone. I guess he was too chicken to tell me in person. Anyway, now I am trying to get treatment as fast as possible. I saw a surgeon yesterday who referred me to MD Anderson, a well-known cancer hospital here in Houston. They just told Jim the next possible appointment with Nancy Perriere, the doctor specialized in thyroid cancer, would be on June 27. Not for surgery to get rid of that sucker, just to look at me and take it from there. I so cannot wait that long. Right now I am considering talking to my former boss who is a patient there aswell, maybe she can help me out with something. I don’t know.
I am trying hard to not lose my cool and figure out the best way to handle all this. It sure is a reality check to get a diagnosis like that. Makes every other problem seem so small, ridiculous and meaningless. I wish my mother could come here, but she just had varicose vein surgery and therefore is in no condition to fly. My best friend Linda is coming in late May though, I cannot wait for it. I try to keep myself entertained as much as I can although I do not work again because I am still too occupied thinking about that asshole cancer. After all I was only diagnosed about 30 hours ago. I am planning on going back to work soon. By the way, papillary thyroid cancer is rather curable with a survival chance of over 90%. Still, I feel right now I am closer to death than ever before. It is scary, but I am getting through this. I am determined to kick that fucking cancer’s ass!!!!!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ich denke auch an dich und finde toll das du einen Blog angefangen hast. Fuer den emotionel Support werden wir hier sicher Sorgen.
We need Frau Jules in High Spirits.
Lets Kick Cancer in the Butt !!!
HUGS
Meli

Anonymous said...

Ich habe gelesen, dass die cure rate fuer "Deinen" Krebs bei 97% ist bei jungen Leuten wie Du!

Ich denke an Dich und bete auch fuer Dich!

Alles Liebe!
Hilde

Carolin said...

Ich wuensche dir alles alles Gute!! Hoffentlich bekommst du einen frueheren Termin, je frueher der Kampf startet desto besser!

Du hast die richtige Einstellung!! Du schaffst das!!1

Danii said...

therapeutical blogging - good job!!! Beschaeftige Dich und gruebel nicht so viel and yes: kick that sucker in the butt!!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Anonymous said...

Oi. Parabéns pelo seu excelente blog. Gostaria de lhe convidar para visitar meu blog e conhecer um pouco sobre o Brasil. Abração

Anonymous said...

Wollte nur kurz reinschauen und dir sagen das ich eine Freundin habe die das auch hatte und die jetzt wieder krebsfrei ist !!!! Sie ist in TX und mein Energizerbunny!! Lass den Kopf nicht haengen, auch wenn das Wort "Cancer" erschreckend ist!!! Furcht allein, gibt dem Geschwuer Luft zu atmen!
lg,
Heike

Anonymous said...

Recht hascht, aufgegeben wird nicht, bleib' stark, ich denk an Dich,

Tanja aus Mount Pleasant, TX (umms Eck)

Anonymous said...

Wenn jemand die Staerke besitzt das durchzustehen dann Du!!! Ich denke ganz fest an Dich und bitte, bitte melde Dich wenn ich was tun kann!

Ich drueck Dich ganz fest!
Agnes

Alexandra said...

Ich denk an dich!

Gut, wie du damit "umgehst". Du schaffst das.

GLG

Patty said...

Ich denk an dich. Du schaffst das! Gib richtig contra.

LG,
Patty

Peggy said...

Ich find gut das du dir deinen Frust von der Seele schreibst. Ich drück die Daumen das du einen früheren Termin bekommst. Du schaffst das!

Andrea said...

Ich denk ganz fest an dich und kann mich den anderen nur anschliessen. Du hast die richtige Einstellung, bist eine Kaempfernatur und aufgeben kommt absolut nicht in die Tuete. Du schaffst das auf jeden Fall und sag Bescheid, wenn du mal jemanden zum Reden brauchst.

Lg,
Andrea

Sazou said...

Wow, ich kann gar nicht glauben, dass die wirklich erst 'so spaet' einen Termin geben wollen. Ich wuerde da wohl auch am Ticker drehen wollen. Ich druecke dir alle Daumen, dass sich da was machen laesst.

Deine Einstellung ist super, du schaffst das! Cancer really should fear you!!!